Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Finally

Joey called me this afternoon. He ( who never says sorry ) apoligized about a gazillion times. He said he just didn't have the time or energy to find a phone again after the first phone call.

Chief training really has him busy. He had to run around and meet other chiefs from the other boats. He has PT very early in the morning. And he had to buy a new uniform to "train" in since they where camo's in Bahrain. And this isn't a liberty port- it's a working port. So this is on top of work. He's at his limit.

Thanks for listening- and all the emails/calls that following this post.

Samantha

Note:(late addition) Oh- and I forgot to mention- he didn't have much to say about the roof or other misc things I got "left" with. He just kept saying he understands why I'm upset- and he wish he could go back in time to change them because the last thing he wanted to ever do was make me upset.
My answer: *sniffle* You SHOULD be sorry.

How much longer until he get back? .... AND to think two weeks ago- I was like, yeah- deploy again- that sounds great. At this moment. I wouldn't do it for 100k. I can't wait for him to be back. I just want him to wrap his arms around me and mimic my two year old request... hold me.

4 comments:

Dani said...

Glad that he called this afternoon ... it can be tough. I know how it feels to get mad at them (and I've been on both sides of it). Sounds like they are keeping him busy ... only a few more weeks until he gets pinned though ... I'm sure you're both excited. It's good that you have a place to vent as well. Have a good day!

Miss Hope said...

I'm glad he's doing okay and that you finally got an apology...or two...or three....


It's okay to be upset, you know. I stayed pretty much pissed during induction season because nothing was explained to me and I just didn't understand. Plus, I was taking care of two kids, working, and a host of other things. It's just stressful on the guys...wish they realized that.

Anonymous said...

yay!! i know that feeling. and isn't funny how we can get to worked up and angry with them and suddenly when they call everything's okay. *at least i'm like that*

Miss Hope said...

I came back to read my comment....


let me rephrase...


It's as stressful on the family/wives as it is the inductees.

Hang in there, girl!