Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Joe gets home lets see how mad Sam is



Well the great thing about this is that I am now at home, for a while I hope. I got to read about all the things Sam has been doing while I was away and low and behold, she was eating crappy. Thanks a lot Pete and Sue for feeding her and sending her on her way with more. I would like to thank you all for the support and help with the two house thing, I know she was stressed about that.


The reason for the post is that I just called her to say we were running late and I didn't know when I would be home but it would be after her, except here I am at home showered and rested ready to surprise her. She sometimes take those kind of jokes the wrong way.


I will admit that I was a little worried, she sent me an email saying that she had cleaned the house and purchased a new welcome mat and " a few other things that you will see when you come in" Let me tell you when you are out in the middle of nowhere and some one says the got a few things you will see but not telling you what they are you get these crazy visions of velvet Elvis paintings and lawn gnomes, well I did any way, it may have been the sonar going off that gave me all those bad dreams but I was a tad worried as I pulled up. Except the outside looked normal so all good so far, then I open the door and there is this huge welcome home sign, how cool is that? This is in addition to working like crazy, moving a ton of stuff and traveling all over the place. Who is this crazy girl that I am in love with and where the heck did she come from? I mean I am not nearly deserving of all that. I hope she knows how proud I am of her for that and for all the hard work she has put into this and where it's going. I was worried about being away and what that would mean, looks like she was right (please don't tell her I said that, she never lets me live it down, although if she starts to brag about it to you ask her how the GPS is doing) she did very well. In all honesty she did better then me. I was all worried about what was going on and there was nothing I could do about it. Now I am home and soon we get to spend a few days together, I can't wait. Little does she know I have the day off tomorrow... so for the first time in like 3 months, I get to watch her get up for work and me get to sleep in. Who am I kidding? I will be up with her making coffee and breakfast.

-Joe

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Sweetie and welcome home! You certainly are very deserving of someone who treats you well!I'm so glad you came home to a wonderful welcome. Enjoy your time together! Love to you both, Mom

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Joe!!! Your woman is one of the most thoughtful people I know, so I'm not surprised :-)