Sunday, October 12, 2008

Still under the sea!

Boys are still under the sea. I haven't heard Joey's voice since late August. Pretty crazy when you actually think about it. We have been able to communicate pretty frequently with each other over e-mail. Not the best form of communication, but better then nothing!

I got a sweet email ( Gosh, it's nice to feel appreciated every once in a while! ) when they celebrated being 1/2 through deployment. He enjoyed the 1/2 way bag I sent on with him. I put a bunch of boy stuff in there. Stupid stuff really. Wind up sushi things, Fake teeth, PSP games, drink mixes, beef jerky, magnetic games..etc etc. His favorite(or at least most talked about in email) was the fake teeth. The .25cent item! Anyway-I was glad he enjoyed his day of bag opening and hope he felt the love all the way over here...all the way under the ocean.

Now the question is- where is my 1/2 bag?
Oh, that's right...we only make them for them! I think that needs to change!

I AM looking forward to our 1/2 night celebration which is this coming weekend at Skippers Dock! Yippie! We will get to see the video messages they left for us. Almost better then a 1/2 way bag. Of course, we sent them a video too! Which Joe hasn't mentioned. Maybe I had spinach in my teeth or something?

Who knows!

xoxo
Samantha

3 comments:

Robin said...

I agree that you should get a bag too.

But YAY for being at the halfway mark!!!

Anonymous said...

From what I hear the boat isn't doing half way celebrations for a few weeks. So he hasn't seen the video, hence no comment to you about it.

rebecca said...

Yep, girls should get SOMETHING for surviving half the deployment :)