Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Concept of Time

My husband has no concept of time on that deployed submarine of his- THANK GOD!

My cell phone rang at 2:41AM. I almost killed myself getting up to get it. I reminded myself all the way there... It's not him, you have a whole another day until you get to hear his voice. Don't get excited. Don't get excited Samantha.

Sam: Hello?
Joe: Monkey!
Sam: Is everything okay? You're early!
Joe: Why do you ever listen to what squadron says?
Sam: Who else am I supposed to listen to?
Joe: I'm on someones cell phone. We just pulled in. It's $1.00 a minute on his cell phone but I wanted to tell you I love you and I will call you after work. What time is it there?
Sam: Almost 3am.
Joe: Oh. I'm sorry. It's 10am here.
Sam: It's okay. I'm glad you called. Still a working port?
Joe: Yes. But we'll talk. It's okay.
Sam: (little kid voice) Okay. but I miss you.
Joe: I miss you too monkey. I have to go. I love you
Sam: ok. I love you.

( or something similar )

I hope he calls me monkey even when we have a monkey of our own in the future.
It's very endearing. And wonderful.

So. Joe's in port. And he's is not a chief selectee anymore. This means there is no chief training- so we'll be able to talk every day hopefully.

I'm so excited and nervous ( I don't know why I get nervous we won't have anything to say or something- even though I have a list ).

OK, time to get off to work and cart the lap top with me- in case we can skype!

xoxo
Samantha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel! Those 2 a.m.-ish calls always seemed to be the BEST EVER! Glad you got to hear from him :)