Friday, November 21, 2008

...and then gone

One second he was here:

his dirty laundry piled up... on the floor(not the hamper)
the wood stove was used every night
his shaving cream cap was next to the sink (instead of on the can)
he honk shooed all night ( his sleeping noise )
his warm sweaty body wrapped around me until the wee hours of the morning
he left dishes in the sink instead of putting them in the dishwasher
he insisted on our reading rituals.....

The next minute...He's gone.

We get a dreaded call that he won't be returning to the boat the second week of December as planned.. but in less then 24 hours. Something major is broke and Mr. Chiefness Joe must help to fix it.

I'm not one to complain.. because the circumstances surrounding him being home were sucky at best and completely unexpected. A sucky treat- does that make sense?.....but our leave papers said the 24th. He even had a job set up on base until he was supposed to return to the stupid deployed boat. I'm whining. I know. But...well I can't help it. I'm a planner. I needed time to plan for him to leave. I wasn't ready because I didn't have enough time. So I'm a mess.

I'm so so sad. Worse then when he left the first time. I can't stop crying. or whining. But mostly- crying.

*sigh* I need this time to fly.
I'm so over this.

xoxo
Samantha

4 comments:

Mrs. B said...

I'm so sorry Hun! I hope time will fly by quickly too!!

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry darlin :( Stupid fucking navy. I'll be over on Saturday and you can cry on my shoulder...hang in there.

Mary said...

I agree: it's sucky Joe had to leave so abruptly. I hope the rest of the deployment will pass quickly for you!

Anonymous said...

Venting and ranting in the case of this is just the best thing you can do! Granted, it's the only thing you can do but you know it makes you feel better! You'll get through this not because you have to but because you can! You are a strong woman and this is just a pebble compared to the mountains you've faced this time around.