Monday, December 29, 2008

And they're OFF.....

Joe and I enjoyed quite a bit of skype time in Gib. He had already been there in 2004 and had no interest in going out and seeing much. This worked out well for me who had a lot of interest in talking to him.

Christmas was difficult. I know it's just a day-but it was difficult to not be able to share it with him. His stocking is still hung up in our living room waiting for him to plow through it when he gets home.

I'm ready for him to be home. I wasn't always ready for him to get back here either. I had my own agendas and things I had planned to complete during deployment. But I'm ready now. My heart aches for him all day. Just to touch him. To cuddle. To feel loved. It's not easy to keep the home fires burning. To plan our BBT trip* to Rome this Spring. To giggle. To laugh. To hear him yell..where is my liddle monkey? Or...when I try to wake him up...to hear him say- liddle monkeys should be sleeping. Just to laugh again. To truly be happy.

Whew!
Lots of love to all the wives who tend to the fires- It's exhausting.

Almost done! Almost done!
Whew!
Samantha:)
BBT trip = Before Baby Trip

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

I feel the same way... And even tho Christmas IS just a day it was hard for me too... Thank God it's almost over!!