Friday, February 1, 2008

Surprise text message

Anna sends me this around 10:00am yesterday " Surprise! The boys will be home TODAY at 4:00". They were supposed to be home Friday. I'm already at work. Except for grocery shopping.... I have done nothing to welcome Joe home. I have a 2.5 year old and 5 month old. Cheers to being a nanny!

Oh no!

OK... Run them to my house. Put on Seasame Street. Look for the banner- can't find it. Look for the balloon maker(find it in the garage!). Run the dishwasher. Blow up some balloons. Put them on the mailbox. Change Sadie's poopie diaper on my couch(Shhh..don't tell Joe). Try to clean the bathroom with a baby..(this was fun..). Decide that it's not my fault the boat came in early...so FORGET this. Shave my legs in the sink. Leave.

Whew! I finally get Joe's call( aww...his sweet voice...I've been craving this for what seems like years now...) on my way home. I get home at 7:05. Fire going. Melting hugs. Tears. Romance. Dinner. Shower. Romance. Bed.

I still say...there is nothing like a homecoming. Even the underway homecomings- Although I know deployment homecomings are even sweeter.

Welcome home Joe- Welcome home.

Love
Samantha

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Finally...this girl gets what she has been needing for a long while a good stiff....kick in the pants. Joe welcome home. Regardless of how much pestering she does...she misses you like crazy when you are gone!

Robin said...

WOOHOO! I'm glad Joe is home, and a little early at that! Enjoy the reunion :-)

Unknown said...

YAY! Welcome home!! Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Unknown said...

YAY!! Welcome Home!! See you Saturday!!