Sunday, December 23, 2007

Breaking myself back in....

Joe has duty again today- Which just means he left this morning around 6:30AM and he'll return sometime tomorrow morning around 8:30-9:00AM. This is a gift, normally ( they are on stand down for the holidays ) he wouldn't return until his work day was completed tomorrow.


I find myself sad..I've been moping around the house since he left this morning. I think I have to break myself back into NAVY life-or more important submarine life. My favorite NAVY wife friend (and I'm not saying that to say it... she's an amazing Navy wife and I have no idea what I would do without out-or how much harder this upcoming deployment would have been for me if I didn't happen to have her in my life) once told me that when she visited her husband during his very long deployment on the 1/2 trip that it almost wasn't worth it because it made it harder to re-adjust when she got home. She told me that it was a lot like he just left again. At the time that sounded very odd to me- She got to spend nearly a week with her husband who had been gone over three months in GREECE. I couldn't imagine not wanting to go visit Joe after missing him for 12-18 weeks. Now I know completely what she meant. It's not that I would take the wonderful time back that we had these last four weeks(or that given another chance she wouldn't drop everything to go to Greece)- but oh is it going to make these next few weeks tough. To top it off...Joe will be leaving to go underway soon....a long underway. *sigh*


I found this quote and just love it:


"Bless those who serve beneath the deep, Through lonely hours their vigil keep. May peace their mission ever be, Protect each one we ask of thee. Bless those at home who wait and pray, For their return by night or day."-Rev. Gale Williamson

Happy Holidays! -Samantha

P.S I am posting pictures in some of the old posts- I finally figured out how! YAY!! Feel free to scan back through the posts to see some neat pictures!

No comments: